Catching up. . .







So once again we are going to try this. With 2 kids, a dog, a full time job, and everything else going on things get kind of crazy. Lets give it a shot though. Here are just a few things since last year. . .
  • Kyle has turned one
  • Kara has started preschool
  • Jason is still at Alliant
  • I am still with Kroger
  • We took Kara to the rodeo and she had a boy send her cotton candy because she was so cute
  • Kyle was baptized on Easter
  • Kara had her ears pierced
  • Lots of sledding this winter
  • We took the kids to the circus with Nina and Kara rode on an elephant
  • We have gone on several trips and a couple of vacations
  • Both kids had swine flu and mono
  • When Kyle gets mad he bites or pinches--we are REALLY trying to fix this--any suggestions?
  • We took Kara to her first UK basketball game at Rupp
  • Jason went to his first UK football game at Commonwealth
  • March was a really rough month--Jason had surgery, Kyle had surgery, I had strep and Kara had 3 ear infections
  • I got an iphone and have become a words with friends junkie
  • Jason and I both discovered facebook
  • I went to Vegas with Mom, Dad, Judy and Mary
  • Kyle's favorite person is Papaw--he looks and acts just like him
  • We went to the Bats game and watched Thunder there too
  • For Halloween Kara was Cinderella and Kyle was a scarecrow BUT we had to go for candy in November because the kids had swine flu
  • Both my kids love to swim--we are in the pool at least 5 days a week
  • I still need to loose 50 pounds and Jason needs to quit smoking
  • There is never a dull or quiet moment in my house
  • We bought and ride our bicycles with our kiddos
  • I wish my mom would retire
  • All of our grandmothers fell this year and required surgery and/or hospitalization
  • Our last family vacation to FL in July was my favorite vacation ever
  • My daughter is the most hardheaded individual in the world and sometimes has a very hard time listening. I actually had her hearing checked by an ENT because I thought maybe that was her problem--its not. She is just stubborn and wants to do things her way.
  • Jason started to finish the basement in October--its still not done
  • We are still trying to figure out what color to paint the first floor and trying to decide what to do with the kitchen (tile, counter tops, back splash, ect)
  • Learning with 2 kids that ear plugs and patience are very important
  • Nap time is the best time of the day
We have done and experienced so much more than is listed here but these are just a few highlights. Hopefully I will be able to remember how to post some pictures and will be able to add them too.

No comments: