I hurt my nose!




What a day! I went to visit Mamaw and Papaw today. It was so nice outside that Mom and I walked over. While we were there Mamaw asked Mom to follow her upto the car shop so she could drop her van off to get some work done to it. Papaw would watch me. Sounds like a good plan, right? Well let me clue you in to a secret--Papaw should not be left alone with busy kids. While Mom and Mamaw are gone Papaw and I decide to go for a stroll--I sit on my green tractor and he pulls me around the block. We had just gotten home when I have this urgent need to run up the driveway. I trip over a crack in the concrete and go flying forward. I land on my hands and nose. I am bleeding pretty bad and all poor Papaw could do is cry with me. Much to my relief Mamaw pulls in the driveway right as I am starting to panic--Papaw does not know how to fix my nose. Mamaw takes me inside and gets some ice and starts cleaning the blood. Mom follows a few minutes behind and she picks me up and takes me to the rocking chair and rocks and sings until I feel better. After about thirty minutes I decide I will live and Mom and I can go home to see Dad. I also need to make some phone calls--with a bloody nose and scratches to boot who knows what kind of sympathy gifts I can get. My first call is to Nina . . . .

No comments: